Friday, July 3, 2015

Five-minute Friday: Favorite

I have, at times, participated in Five minute Friday writing challenge hosted by Kate Motaung at http://katemotaung.com/.  It's a great exercise for me as a would-be writer to engage in, using my current skills and hopefully fine-tuning them--in an unedited, fast-paced writing spurt of five minutes.  Now that I have a blog, it is much easier than it used to be when I would put my "spurt" in the comment box. :)  The word for this week is Favorite.  So, without further ado, here I go:
          I don't have a favorite sports team.  I don't have a favorite ice cream flavor (there are just way too many good ones!).  I don't have a favorite color (I love so many!).  But I do have one favorite above all.  I have a Favorite with Whom  I love to spend time.  He is my Lord Jesus Christ.  I get up in the morning and I want to go meet Him.  I find Him in a cozy corner of my house and there I read the loving words He has written to me in His Word, the Bible.  There I get to talk to Him as long as I want without long-distance phone fees.  There I get to hear from my One True Love Who has my best interests in mind, and in Whose Presence I am the safest and securest than any other.  He's my Favorite and He treats me like I'm His favorite.  He doesn't have favorites, but when He tells me "whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord" I know He means me.  When He says "I am with you always" I can take it as Him talking directly to me.  There is no one I feel more comfortable with.  He knows all my secrets, my dark and dim, and my highest delights.  He knows what I wish for and what I want to be and He has great plans for making me something far better than I could ever imagine being.  He is the Top of my List.  He is so wonderful!

4 comments:

  1. Love this! And somehow I know that we are all loved by God as his favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so often marveled at the treatment the Lord gives me--as if I am His only child! He treats me with such favor and showers blessings on my head as if I was something, when He is the extent of any worth I have! He so amazes me!

      Delete
  2. Hi Trissy! Just passing through from the FMF linkup. This post was fantastic, the way you described your personal relationship with God. He's so focused on each of us that it's easy to claim the number one spot as His favorite. Many you continue to enjoy such intimacy with our wonderful and matchless God :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Sabrina! He is One to Whom no other god, person, or thing can be compared!

      Delete