Friday, September 11, 2015

Five Minute Friday: Same

It has been too long since I got to do Five Minute Friday and I have been missing it!  To find out more about Five Minute Friday, check out Kate Motaung.

So, without further ado, let's start the timer!

I'm not the same as I used to be.

 About eight years ago or more I underwent a drastic change.  I found out that I was a sinner, guilty before my Righteous Holy Creator and that I was worthy of punishment.  I also discovered that my Creator had sent His Son to this earth to die and take the punishment that I should receive and that if I would put my trust in Him and repent of the wrongs I had committed against Him, I could have forgiveness, mercy without charge.  Now things are completely different. 

I'm still the same me, but I'm also so different.

"What has changed?" you ask. I still have the same blonde hair, the same chubby cheeks, but inside my heart, Jesus, the Son of God, is King and reigns.  Therefore, I'm not the same as I was. 

What He desires for my life is good and I have begun to desire those things, too.  What He deserves is right; I have begun to want to give Him what He is worthy of. 

He has changed me.  Like a caterpillar turns into a butterfly over time and is still the same insect, but completely different, I have been made new and beautiful by the King of Glory.  And anyone who wants this transformation can receive it, too! 

Stop.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, being found by God and turning to him is the biggest change ever. Nothing stays the same. I appreciate how you focus on what God does change in us... we are not the same. I wrote about the frustration of feeling like we're not seeing enough change - a new tension and desire in us for heaven on earth. Two sides of the same coin, I guess. Thanks for joining FMF this week - it's been a few weeks since I pitched in too... always good to connect.

    ReplyDelete