Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Wintertide Tractations: Nourish

For this Wintertide Tractation, I have the privilege of using a word that I love: Nourish

Start.

I mentioned in my last post that my family went to Atlanta over the weekend.  One of our favorite things to do when we're away from our church is to find a church to attend and this vacation was no exception.  In the morning, my Dad found out about a nice church just around the corner from our hotel.  In the evening we discovered a different one and had an experience that truly nourished my soul.  

As we were driving along late that afternoon on an erand, my Mother noticed a sign that indicated that Romanians met for services there.  We were excited, having had friends that served as missionaries in that country for several years.  On our return we decided to stop in.  The Lord worked it out that we were right in time for the night service.  People dressed in their best filed in, greeting each other in Romanian with smiles and hugs.  Many extended greetings and smiles to us as well.  

When one of the elders learned of our presence, he came over and asked us about ourselves.  We mentioned that we were in town for Operation Christmas Child and stopped in because we love the peoples of the world who love the Lord.  

We were expecting the services to be in Romanian (which none of us understand), but he very graciously insisted that we use the church's headphones and gracious translator so that we might enjoy the services all the more.  "In heaven you won't need headphones," the elder said, "but here, you do." 

The music and the preaching were so filled with a desire to magnify the Lord that my heart thrilled at these dear people's love for my Savior.  How it amazes me over and over whenever I encounter others who know Jesus Christ and are faithfully serving Him in their corner of the world!  I love to be with God's people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment