Saturday, October 3, 2015

Write 31: Capture

The words came like a shock, like a giant fist punching me right in the stomach. 
I gaped: She's leaving him?  
My friend, leaving her husband, her children?  
How can this be?  When did all this happen?  How could I not have been aware that this was going on?
I reeled.  
 Praying and crying punctuated the next few days.  Questions, rethinking things, could I have done something? could I have been a better friend?  Oh, God, cause her husband to recapture her heart!

 A text from a friend: Please be praying for me.  Somewhere along the line, I have slipped in my relationship with the Lord.  I don't know how it happened.  
 Oh, God, capture this precious sister's heart again!  Show her how great You are and how loving! Recapture her heart with Your great one!

 I search my own heart.  "If I acknowledge iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me."  The song plays over in my head, sounding soothing (and cautioning) from my phone.  Is there sin that will prevent the Lord from hearing my petitions for my friends?  

 O Lord, capture my heart again! Change me! Remove all sin that is in me! Let nothing come between Thy dear face and me!  Let me not chase things that promise pleasure but are ashes and vapor! 

 Oh, God, capture our hearts again!  Let us ever be held by the wonderful, unchafing chains of Your great love!

No comments:

Post a Comment