Friday, October 9, 2015

Write 31: Trust

{Start}
  There is never a time not to trust in the Lord.  
  This reality is being hammered home to me recently and I am bettered because of it.  
  As I look across the spectrum of "life" from childhood, to young adulthood, to old age, there are so many factors and causes of stress that it could be so easy to worry oneself to death and be stressed constantly!  These facts don't help me out; instead, they raise my blood pressure and cause a whole host of other physical maladies.  
  I see something totally different from the Bible, however.  When I look there, I realize that my Heavenly Father loves me, knows about my needs and the transitory nature of this world, knows that stress and difficult situations abound, and tells me to "trust" in Him.  
  Why?  It's so much easier to worry and stress out!  But He tells me this for my good.  
  He loves me.  He wants me to be at peace even in the midst of tricky and harrowing circumstances, even when my future is "up in the air" and the days and weeks and years to come is uncertain.  
  When I trust in Him and ask for His peace to fill me and meet my needs, how much more rest I get! How much calmer I am! How much more do I enjoy life!  
  Yes, there are many things going on for me right now, and I am sure there are in your life as well!  I would like to encourage you, however, to put your trust and set your hope in the Almighty God Who knows all things, (past, present, and future!), and is working all things out for the good of those who love Him! Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him.
{Stop.}
Join the party at Kate Motaung's Five Minute Friday blogging get-together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment