Thursday, October 29, 2015

Write 31: Sea

{Start.}
  My family and I live about 45 minutes from the sea.  Yes, I mean the ocean, that gigantic body of water that surrounds every single continent on this earth and if I was to get in a boat I could (hypothetically) travel to any people group or place on this planet.  (It's a pretty astounding thought to me.)
  Today, my Mother and I traveled to a certain coastal town to attend a funeral and later to do some shopping.  While we were shopping I found myself coming into contact with four unrelated, physically disabled people.  
  Most people who know me, know that I am currently pursuing a degree as a physical therapist assistant.  Disabilities draw me and I found myself longing to go up to those people and tell them how much they are valued, how special they are in the eyes of their Creator, how much I would love to get to know them as a friend and unique individual.  But instead, I stood in my spot in the checkout line, wishing, wondering, praying, hoping, wanting to be used by the Lord someday when I am able to practice the schooling I am getting.  
  The Bible says that we as believers are to cast our bread upon the waters so that after many days it may return to us.  {Ecclesiastes 11:1.} The Bread is Jesus Christ, the Son of God whom we are told will bring about good results in the hearts of those who believe in Him. {John 6:35, 48, 51.}  I want to be one that offers that Bread of Life for hungry souls to enjoy and to feast on.  Not just in the lives of disabled but whomever I meet--these dear people need to know the God I know and I have the privilege and responsibility to share His news with them.
{Stop.}

No comments:

Post a Comment