Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Write 31: Possible

Luke 18:27, "And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."

{Start.} After what I have seen the Lord accomplish in the past few days, I'm excited.  Never would I have been able to have boasted that I could have accomplished the miracle that He has brought about!  
  Before last Saturday, I didn't even know a problem existed in my friends' lives, and yet my Lord did.  Now I see the problem laying in His capable hands and am enthused. What is there that I need to be praying about that He can fix next?  
  I'm like a child, excited to see her parent's mending abilities, she eagerly looks around for the next project, the next request, the next transformation-to-be.  I realize that excitement and hype don't last forever.  The "next mending project" may be painful.  It may take a long time.  This one didn't for some reason, but there is still much to pray about as my friends heal.  Yes, things are better, but I must not stop praying for them!
  Whatever the "new thing" I focus my petitions on, I know that my God is the Able One.  Nothing is an impossibility when it lays in His hands.  He is so capable, so skilled at what He does.  He is the Great Mender, the Compassionate Restorer.  
  Sometimes I look at my life or someone else's life and I am stumped or become discouraged.  I'll never be in shape.  They'll never change.  This problem is too big.  I'll probably never get to experience the elation of seeing that accomplished.  {Stop.}  These and other lies from the devil crowd in and try to discourage and defeat me.  Faith in God would have me look up to Him and remember: He is Awesome and Able and Nothing is impossible with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment