Sunday, October 4, 2015

Write 31: Embrace

Nahum 1:7, "The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him."

{Start}
My pastor finished his sermon and the closing song began to play.  I closed my eyes in prayer and bent my head to sing and pray.  Finally I looked up. There were several people who had come for prayer to the front of the church.  Several dear couples were congregating in one spot, leaning on each other and praying together.  I bowed my head again. "Lord, bring a revival to Your churches! This is exciting!" I looked up, the group was dispersing.  The couples were hugging each other and--oh my!--Who is that?!! It's my friends!  They were the ones down there praying!! My friends over whose marriage I was so troubled last week! My friends whose home the Lord is tenderly mending again.  

Again and again, another moved in to embrace the precious couple, showing love like only the Body of Christ can.  What a beautiful picture! I could not stop the sobs from coming, the tears streaming down my face!  The Lord had done it again! The prodigal had returned and the Arms of the Father were ready and open for a welcoming embrace!  Oh, Hallelujah! My God is the God of Reconciliation!

Oh, wanderer who thinks you are too far gone, too far away, too unloveable, it's not too late!  Come home, return to Your Father's House!  Come into His ready embrace!  How He loves you!  How dearly He loves His prodigal child!  Come home and feel the warm forgiveness of the Father's tender love!

Those of us who know Him, let us willingly receive back into the fold those who have gone astray. {Stop.} Let us not judge or reject, let us reach with the forgiveness that is in Christ Jesus so that each wanderer can know the safe-haven that God's Family provides! 

"And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found."  Luke 15:20-24a.

No comments:

Post a Comment