Friday, October 2, 2015

Write 31: Family

 Start.
 Today I got to have lunch with three of my sisters and one of my brothers.  It'd been awhile since I had gotten to see any of them, and wow!, I just got so excited being with them again!  
  But maybe I should tell you, they aren't my parents children, nor are they their adopted children.  I'm related to these siblings of mine through a special bond we have in Jesus Christ.  
  You see, the Bible says that anyone who has realized that they are a sinner and repented of their wrongdoing, believing in Jesus Christ, that He died and rose again from the dead, can be forgiven and adopted into God's family.  So, all four of these dear people are my brothers and sisters through the bond we share in Jesus Christ!  
  It was such a blessing to spend time with these dear siblings!  My brother makes me swell with delight and happiness as I see what the Lord is doing in his heart and life!  My sisters, so dear and sweet and supportive and encouraging, not only listen in my hurting, but share the hurts and blessings of their own life as well.  Together, we support each other and pray for each other.  
  These four aren't my only siblings! Oh no!  I have so many, many!  And it's such a wonderful thing to share that sweet, unexplainable fellowship with them!  You see, we're family through what Jesus did for us and any that comes to God through Christ can be part of this family!  
  Stop.  
  I'd love to hear from you if you have questions about "my family"!  And if you want to share about your own family, feel free to join in on this Write31 challenge! And why don't you visit our dear hostess, Kate Motaung over at her Family Post

1 comment:

  1. Love this, such an amazing bond isn't it! Thank you for sharing, these little things are truly such precious moments!

    ReplyDelete