Sunday, October 11, 2015

Write 31: Rest

{Start}

 "Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for him," my Mother quoted with her precious wisdom.  I had confided in her some of my stuggles and, oh!, what a good thing it was to divide the burden!
  
What a blessing it is to be able to rest in the Lord.  

  My precious friend with whom I have been spending time lately doesn't know this rest.
  She is so sweet and friendly and nice, but she doesn't know my God and my heart grieves because of it. 
  How can I communicate to her that I want so desperately that she know the Lord I know? that she serve the God I serve?
  How can I convey to her how much He means to me? how great and wonderful He is? how awesome and restful is being in His presence?
  I can't on my own ability.  For this, too, I must rest in my precious Lord.  
  He loves my friend far more than I ever could. He has brought her to America, far from her homeland, and I greatly desire that He could somehow use me to point her to Himself.

  For the burden I shared with my Mother, I find rest in the Lord.
  For the desire I have for my dear friend, I can rest in the Lord.
  For the future and all it's worries, I must rest in the Lord.

  Today, as I join with brothers and sisters to praise and worship our Mighty Lord, I can rest knowing that My God exists and that He is a Rewarder of all those who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6.)  He is my rest and my peace! 

{Stop}

No comments:

Post a Comment