Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Write 31: Perhaps

{Start.}
  As a young, single woman, I was not very comfortable with seeing the word for the day, but instead of trying to conjure up some kind of made-up thoughts about it, here I go:
  With every New Years' Eve, with every birthday eve, with every "just because" moment that comes randomly, I face this word, this idea: Perhaps.  Perhaps this will be the year I get married, perhaps this will be the time that I meet the man I will marry, perhaps, perhaps, on and on. 
  This "perhaps-ing" can be emotionally exhausting and can leave a heart raw and desperate.  It is not my God's will that this be the case with me.  Yes, I desire marriage one day, when He is ready, but for today, I am His to serve Him with courage and fervor. 
  Marriage is not the fix-all cure for what ails a girl.  I used to think it was.  Jesus Christ is the Only Fix-All and with Him as my Guide, I can face and move forward with the life He has for me Today, Now.  
  So perhaps I will one day marry, but that is all speculation.  Today and forever I am certain that I will always be the Child of the King of Kings and that I have an eternal home reserved in Heaven with my Savior forever.  
  Living for a man is exhausting, living to please a mortal is discouraging and disappointing.  Living for and to please the Precious Jesus Christ is rewarding, invigorating, hope-filled, and joyful.  He has my life in His hands and my future in His control.  With Him I am safe and can rest in His completely trustworthy heart. 
{Stop.}

No comments:

Post a Comment