Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Write 31: Love

{Start.}
 What can I write about love when all the loves in the world pale so quickly?  Yet this I know: there is one Love, above all others that I cling to and that holds me unendingly.  This love is the love of my Savior Jesus Christ which He has so lavished upon me.  I am overwhelmed and amazed at the way He loves me despite all my unlovableness.  In talking to a young friend, I was again reminded of how wonderful this Love, my Love Jesus Christ, is compared to all men, and all people.
 He is slow to get angry with me
 He promises that he will never leave me {and keeps His promises}
 He provides for my needs now and has a house in preparation for me for when I leave this earth
 He protects me from evil now and in my heart
 He loves me and my family no matter what
 He knows all my friends and loves them too
 He is not jealous of me in any way, but wants the best for me
 He gives Himself sacrificially.  First He died for me in order that I might be rescued from the bondage of sin, then He rose for me so that He can lead me in the new life He gave to me, and now He lives with and inside me, ever available for my needs
 His love is unconditional; it's not based on anything I do or do not accomplish
 His love is eternal; it will never end
 His love is not biased. I am not so good that I deserve it; on the contrary: He is so good that He bestows it
 His love is safe: He will never ask me to do anything that will compromise me or do me harm 
{Stop.}

No comments:

Post a Comment