Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Write 31: Fly

{Start.}
I got to have my first memorable experience with flying in 2011.  I say "first memorable" because, up until that time, any flying I had done had been as a baby, too little to remember.  When our church took a missions trip to Trinidad in June of 2011, I joined the ranks of "flyers" and was ecstatic with the whole expereince.  I loved looking out the window, gazing at the islands or beautiful ocean below.  If neither of those sights were available, I could gaze for miles out at puffy white clouds.  All of these pointed me to my Awesome Creator!
 A family verse used in flying is Deuteronomy 33:27, "The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms:"  My God is always available; He always keeps me.  
  Psalm 91:4 says of my Lord that, "He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust:", showing the comparison of my Lord being the mighty protector like the mother birds He created.  
  No matter what is going on in my life, I can trust that my Heavenly Father, has all things under His control and that, "they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31.)  Under the wings of my Lord, carried by His arms, I can fly and find myself perfectly safe no matter the storms or troubles surrounding me.  
{Stop.}

No comments:

Post a Comment